You are here
1KBK: 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
1,000 books sounds like a lot of books, but if all you do is read your child one book every night at bedtime, you will have read 1,000 books before your child turns 3! Besides being a nice way to spend time together, you will be helping your child get ready for Kindergarten.
The books you read will qualify if:
- It's a library book
- It's not a library book
- It's a new book you never read before
- It's a book you have read 50 times (count all 50 times!)
- It's an award-winning book
- It's a book based on a cartoon
- It's a board book with 12 pages
- It's a picture book with 48 pages
In other words, everything you read with your child will count! Everything anyone else reads to your child will count, too.
Is it dinosaurs, princesses, Thomas, superheroes or trucks this week? Or do you just want to browse our picks for the very best books in our Best of the Best display? Stop by and let us help you fill your basket with books.