You are here
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
It is the policy of the Niles Public Library District to permit access to public records in accordance with the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, 5 ILCS 140.
Much information about the Library District can be found on the website under Open Books Project, including our policies, our annual budget, our annual audit report, names of our Board Members and information about their meetings with agendas, minutes, and monthly financial reports, our levy, names of our department heads and administrators, and contact information.
You may request information about the Library District by making a request in writing by mail, fax, or email during regular business hours of the Administration Office (9-5, Mondays-Fridays).
- the records to be retrieved
- whether they are to be inspected in person, copied, or delivered electronically (if they are in electronic form)
- whether they are for a commercial purpose
- whether requesting a fee waiver
- whether any of the records must be certified
The fees for copies of records are as follows:
- The first 50 pages of black and white, letter or legal size copies: Free
- 15¢ per page for each page in excess of 50 pages copied by a Library District employee in house.
- The actual cost per page for each color copy or size other than letter or legal.
- The actual cost per page for each page copied by a third party when the Library District is unable to copy the records in house.
- $1.00 per certificate if the copies are to be certified.
- Reproduction on disc, diskette, tape or other media: actual cost of recording media.
The Library’s FOIA Officers are:
Linda Weiss, Library Director (P): 847-663-6401
Susan Lempke, Assistant Library Director
Requests should be addressed to:
Freedom of Information Officer
Niles Public Library District
6960 West Oakton Street
Niles, Illinois 60714
Requests may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be processed within five business days.