You are here
The Mission of the Niles Public Library District (NPLD) is to enrich the community by meeting its informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs by providing a wide variety of materials, resources, and services as well as a friendly, experienced and professional staff in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our Core Values
- We provide “over-the-top” customer service
- We respect all individuals
- We believe in intellectual freedom
- We believe in the importance of access to information for all.
- We operate with absolute integrity
- We respect privacy and confidentiality
- We provide a high-quality, current and relevant collection
- We believe dedicated, friendly and professional staff members are integral to the library experience
- We encourage innovation
- We support and expect personal and organizational growth
- We believe in the value of partnerships
- We commit to strengthening the partnerships with schools, community and businesses
Number of books: 212,438
Number of audiovisual items: 59,109
Number of check-outs in 2014-15: 1,015,248
Number of people who attended programs in 2014-15: 74,709
Number of cardholders: 25,497
Number of reference questions answered: 73,258
Number of Library visitors in 2014-15: 395,465
10:30am to 12:00pmAdult Beginner Boot Camp is a 3 week training session. We meet one day a week for 3 consecutive sessions. Learn to use the mouse, keyboard, begin...
11:00am to 12:00pmDrop in for our year-round short program of stories, songs, and rhymes followed by playtime. Ages 0-24 months with a grownup.
- 1 of 522
- next ›