You are here
The Mission of the Niles Public Library District (NPLD) is to provide its residents with access to information for educational, informational and recreational needs. The information shall be provided jointly from the library’s collection of materials and services and by referral and/or access to levels of information and research beyond the library’s collection through interlibrary loan, system services and other similar services.
Our Core Values
- We provide “over-the-top” customer service
- We respect all individuals
- We believe in intellectual freedom
- We believe in the importance of access to information for all.
- We operate with absolute integrity
- We respect privacy and confidentiality
- We provide a high-quality, current and relevant collection
- We believe dedicated, friendly and professional staff members are integral to the library experience
- We encourage innovation
- We support and expect personal and organizational growth
- We believe in the value of partnerships
- We commit to strengthening the partnerships with schools, community and businesses