You are here
On November 3, 2014, the Niles Public Library was awarded 4 stars (up from 3 stars in previous years) from the Library Journal Index of Public Library Service. The award is based on library visits, circulation, program attendance, and public Internet computer use. Thanks for your support! For more information, click here!
The Mission of the Niles Public Library District (NPLD) is to enrich the community by meeting its informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs by providing a wide variety of materials, resources, and services as well as a friendly, experienced and professional staff in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our Core Values
- We provide “over-the-top” customer service
- We respect all individuals
- We believe in intellectual freedom
- We believe in the importance of access to information for all.
- We operate with absolute integrity
- We respect privacy and confidentiality
- We provide a high-quality, current and relevant collection
- We believe dedicated, friendly and professional staff members are integral to the library experience
- We encourage innovation
- We support and expect personal and organizational growth
- We believe in the value of partnerships
- We commit to strengthening the partnerships with schools, community and businesses
Number of books: 212,438
Number of audiovisual items: 59,109
Number of check-outs in 2014-15: 1,015,248
Number of people who attended programs in 2014-15: 74,709
Number of cardholders: 25,497
Number of reference questions answered: 73,258
Number of Library visitors in 2014-15: 395,465
11:00am to 12:00pmDrop in for our year-round short program of stories, songs, and rhymes followed by playtime. Ages 0-2 with a grownup.
1:00pm to 3:00pmKids going into grades 2-6 can drop in to practice for fun or learn the basics of Pokemon play. Pastimes of Niles will be on hand to help new players...
- 1 of 570
- next ›