You are here
The Mission of the Niles Public Library District (NPLD) is to enrich the community by meeting its informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs by providing a wide variety of materials, resources, and services as well as a friendly, experienced and professional staff in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our Core Values
- We provide “over-the-top” customer service
- We respect all individuals
- We believe in intellectual freedom
- We believe in the importance of access to information for all.
- We operate with absolute integrity
- We respect privacy and confidentiality
- We provide a high-quality, current and relevant collection
- We believe dedicated, friendly and professional staff members are integral to the library experience
- We encourage innovation
- We support and expect personal and organizational growth
- We believe in the value of partnerships
- We commit to strengthening the partnerships with schools, community and businesses
Number of books: 212,438
Number of audiovisual items: 59,109
Number of check-outs in 2014-15: 1,015,248
Number of people who attended programs in 2014-15: 74,709
Number of cardholders: 25,497
Number of reference questions answered: 73,258
Number of Library visitors in 2014-15: 395,465
10:00am to 11:30amLocal attorney J. Ehrensaft will discuss estate planning, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills, probate, and guardianship.
10:00am to 11:30amHeres your chance to dig in the dirt, inside! We will plant native prairie seeds harvested from the Niles Community Garden in biodegradable pots...
- 1 of 564
- next ›