You are here
Of course you know that the Library is a good place for books, DVDs and programs. But you might not know that we can help you:
- Register to vote
- Sign up for a test proctor when you need to take an exam
- Get a document notarized
- Check out a pass to visit a museum or zoo in the area
Do you need to register to vote? You can register at the Library!
- You must be 18 or older at the time of the election
- You must live in Illinois
- You must bring two pieces of identification that show your legal name. At least one must show your address. Some examples include: Illinois Driver's License, Illinois State ID, utility bill in applicant's name, mail postmarked to the applicant, or a lease.
Bring your identification to Patron Services and they will register you to vote.
Voters Registration is Open in Cook County
Are you taking an online course, or studying for an exam where you need someone to monitor your test? Make an appointment by calling 847-663-6603.
Do you have a document that needs to be notarized? The Library has several staff members licensed as Notary Publics. They are available during many of the hours the Library is open.
You may wish to call the Library at 847-663-1234 to confirm that a Notary is available before you come. Please remember to bring a photo ID and do not sign the document before you come. Unfortunately, we are not able to notarize any real estate documents pertaining to Cook County. If you will need witnesses when you get your document notarized, please bring them with you. Please call to schedule an appointment for documents requiring more than 25 notary stamps.
The Museum Adventure Pass program provides free admission or a special discount to 18 unique destinations in the Chicago area. Passes are available on a first come, first served basis at the KidSpace desk, and are limited to Niles cardholders. The passes must be picked up in person and cannot be held over the phone. Each pass is good for one week.
Some of the participating museums/cultural organizations include:
- Air Classics Museum
- Brookfield Zoo
- Cantigny Park
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Illinois Railway Museum
- Legoland Discovery Center
- Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
- Naper Settlement
- Pleasant Home
Visit www.museumadventure.org to see the complete list, and for hours and directions.