You are here
Booking a Computer
At Computer in Lower Level or KidSpace
1. Walk up to any available computer and type in your library card number, guest pass or the name of the computer at the Express computers only.
2. Be sure to save your work onto a flash drive or email it to yourself before your session is over. The computers do not save any information once the session is over, to protect your privacy.
Note: Starting December 1, 2015 there will be dedicated guest computers that can be used for one 60 minute session. The remaining computers will be reserved for Niles Library cardholders, CCS cardholders, or anyone who has registered their library card. For information about getting a library card click here.
At PC Booking Station
1. Take your library card to a PC Booking Station. (There is one on the Lower Level for adults. Children should use the PC Booking Station in KidSpace.)
2. Scan your library card barcode.
3. Select either “Book Now” or “Book Future”. You may make a booking up to one week in advance.
4. The Booking station will tell which computer you can use. Should all the computers be in use the Booking Station will show you which computer will be the next available computer. Please monitor the Book Station for any updates to the available computers as your booking will be updated should another computer become available sooner.
5. When it is time for your booking, sign onto the computer with your library card number.
6. Be sure to save your work onto a flash drive or email it to yourself before your session is over. The computers do not save any information once the session is over, to protect your privacy.
The computers in KidSpace allow 60 minute reservations. The adult computers allow for 90 minutes. If no one else is waiting, you may extend your time by asking at the nearest service desk.
Guest passes are available at the service desks at the discretion of the librarian.