You are here
There are no available jobs at this time.
When applying for an open position, please complete a Job Application. Send applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles Public Library District, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or return to the Library. You may also ask for one at the Information desk in Patron Services. Someone will contact you shortly.
Digital Services Supervisor
The Niles Public Library District is developing a new department to work with patrons and staff on all of their technology needs, from e-books to printing a resume to etching a glass or creating and editing a movie. In addition to our 32 computers for adults, we will be launching the Creative Studio in September with an exciting range of digital and maker equipment. If you get excited about technology and don’t mind troubleshooting equipment, love working with people, have excellent communication and organization skills, and are ready for a big responsibility, this may be the job for you.
- Hiring, evaluating and motivating a team made up of librarians, library assistants and IT assistants, and developing them into a flexible, collaborative, service-oriented team;
- Leading the Digital Services team in proactively identifying, investigating, becoming knowledgeable about and communicating on technology developments with a goal of making the library the place to turn to for technology information;
- Training the entire library staff to achieve an overall high level of competency with library technology;
- Working with the Digital Services Librarian to manage the e-books and online databases; Working with the Training Librarian to put together a full array of training materials and programs for Creative Studio B;
- Participating actively on the Supervisors & Managers team in planning and carrying out long-range plans for the library;
- Planning and accounting for Digital Services Department budget;
- Ensuring that the Lower Level Technology desk is staffed appropriately during all open library hours.
The Niles Public Library District circulates over 1,000,000 items per year and has a very active program schedule. Work week is 37.5 hours, with some weekends and evenings necessary for this exempt position. MLIS from an ALA-accredited school preferred, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a technology-related field. Salary range begins at $52,026. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through August 7th.