You are here
Reading Patch Club
Are you a fantasy fan? Do you love to read mysteries? Do you like to choose lots of different books to read? Whatever you like to read, we have a patch for you! Kids ages K-grade 8 are eligible to join the Reading Patch Club that runs during the school year, from Labor Day (September) to Memorial Day (May).
Here’s how it works:
- Come to the Library and pick which patch you’re going to work on.
- Pick up your folder and the pages that match your patch—there will be a page for you to write the names of your books on, and some activity sheets.
- Start reading! It’s going to take awhile, because it takes 20 books to earn a patch. (Books that are over 100 pages count for two.)
- Come back to the Library and pick up your patch and your certificate, and get your name up on our giant sign.
- Pick a new patch and start over again.
What will you do with your patch? Will you collect patches in the plastic sheet we give you? Will you glue it to a hat or your backpack or a jacket? Will you use it to decorate a notebook? It’s up to you!