You are here
Join Our Team!
Digital Services Librarian
Hours: FT/37.5 hours per week
Salary: $46,098 to $53,000, IMRF and excellent benefits
The Niles-Maine District Library is looking for a self-motivated, organized and enthusiastic individual to join the Digital Services team. Digital Services is a dynamic environment with a Digital Media Lab, Maker Space, and circulating technology collection. If you are a database and digital collections master who wants to join an innovative and fast-paced department, then you should apply!
- Manage the online databases and collect monthly usage statistics
- Negotiate with vendors and track the database budget expenditures
- Oversee streaming digital collection platforms
- Assess new and existing products for Library use
- Coordinate training opportunities for staff and patrons on the Library’s online resources
- Staff the Technology Desk, Maker Space or Reference Desk 10-15 hours a week
- Provide assistance using equipment and tools in the space
- Deliver technology and maker hands-on programs to the community
The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and be adaptable to change.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Interested in and knowledgeable about technology including computers, mobile devices, social media, and online resources.
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues calmly, patiently and effectively.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology skills and a passion for emerging technology.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the public and all levels of Library staff with tact and diplomacy.
- MLIS or MLS degree from an ALA-accredited library school.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume plus 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org., or by mail to Human Resources, Niles-Maine District Library, 6960 Oakton, Niles, IL 60714.
Patron Services Associate 2
Two Positions Available:
1) PT 10 hours/week
Sunday 11:30 AM-5 PM; Saturday 12:30-5 PM
2) PT 12 hours/week
Sunday 1-5 PM; Friday 3-7 PM; Saturday 1-5 PM
Starting salary: $12.26/hr.
The Niles-Maine District Library is currently accepting applications for the Patron Services Department. Patron Services Associates greet and direct library patrons to materials and services. They perform Circulation, Information and Passport Desk functions, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Shelve recently returned materials
- Register patrons for library cards and programs
- Assist patrons with holds, using copiers, computers/printers, etc.
- Able to count money and perform basic operations on cash register
- Accept passport applications.
- Positive attitude and excellent customer service skills
- Will be able to work effectively with both patrons and staff
- (1) year of library and/or retail experience with a focus on customer service
- Must be 18 years of age
- Position requires completion of Passport Acceptance Agent Training. Upon completion of Passport Acceptance Agent training, employee will become an Associate I
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Send applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles-Maine District Library, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714 or email to email@example.com. No telephone calls, please.
When applying for an open position, please complete a Job Application. You are able to fill out the form with your computer after downloading. Send applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles-Maine District Library, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or return to the Library. You may also ask for one at the Information desk in Patron Services. Someone will contact you shortly.
Careers at Other Libraries
To see if jobs are available at other area libraries, check the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) Jobs Board.