You are here
Youth Services Librarian
Part-Time: Average 16 hours/week (Mon, 9-5, second and third Saturday of the month, 9-5, and second and third Sunday of the month, 1-5—sometimes these don’t fall on the same weekend)
Join the dedicated staff and busy kids and teen departments at the Niles-Maine District Library! We are looking for a person who is comfortable providing top-notch customer service and understands children’s literature and topics of interest to youth. Babytime storytelling is a big plus!
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited school
- Prior experience working with babies, children, teens, and caregivers in a library setting preferred
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to work with diverse populations of all ages
- Knowledge of current computer technology including Microsoft Office, library automation systems, e-books, and e-resources
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and to varied work schedules
- Knowledge of children’s and teen literature and current trends in programming
Salary Range: $23-26.50/hour (depending on skills and experience)
To apply, send resume, cover letter, plus 2 references to HR@nileslibrary.org, Human Resources, Niles-Maine District Library, 6960 Oakton, Niles, IL, 60714.
Email questions to Arianne Carey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Open until job is filled.
When applying for an open position, please complete a Job Application. Send applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles-Maine District Library, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714, email to email@example.com or return to the Library. You may also ask for one at the Information desk in Patron Services. Someone will contact you shortly.
Careers at Other Libraries
To see if jobs are available at other area libraries, check the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) Jobs Board.