You are here
Join Our Team!
Patron Services Associate 2
Hours: PT, 15 hours/week
Starting Salary: $12.26/hr.
Tentative Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 2:00-5:00 PM
The Niles-Maine District Library is currently accepting applications for the Patron Services Department. Patron Services Associates greet and direct library patrons to materials and services. They perform Circulation, Information and Passport Desk functions, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Shelve recently returned materials
- Register patrons for library cards and programs
- Assist patrons with holds, using copiers, computers/printers, etc.
- Able to count money and perform basic operations on cash register
- Accept passport applications.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills. Will be able to work effectively with both patrons and staff.
Skills/Experience/Education Needed: (1) year of library and/or retail experience with a focus on customer service
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Position requires completion of Passport Acceptance Agent Training. Upon completion of Passport Acceptance Agent training, employee will become an Associate I.
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Send applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles-Maine District Library, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls, please.
When applying for an open position, please download the fillable Job Application and complete. Send completed applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles-Maine District Library, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714, email to email@example.com or return to the Library. You may also ask for one at the Information Desk in Patron Services. Someone will contact you shortly.
Careers at Other Libraries
To see if jobs are available at other area libraries, check the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) Jobs Board.