You are here
Digital Services Assistant
Part Time: 15 hours per week, must have evening and weekend availability
If you enjoy troubleshooting technology issues and delivering top-notch customer service in a fast-paced library environment, this position is for you!
The Niles-Maine District Library is looking for a self-motivated, innovative, and enthusiastic individual to join the Digital Services team. The Digital Services Department was formed in October 2015 and continues to expand and evolve. Whether it is circulating technology equipment or teaching a sewing workshop, we are always trying new things.
- Developing and delivering dynamic technology classes and maker programs.
- Providing training to staff and patrons on the library’s online resources.
- Staffing a busy technology desk and maker space 10-15 hours a week.
- Providing assistance using recording, editing and digitization tools in our digital media lab, The Creative Studio.
The ideal candidate has…
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and be adaptable to change.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Interested in and knowledgeable about technology including computers, mobile devices, social media, and online resources.
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues calmly, patiently and effectively.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology skills and a passion for emerging technology.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the public and all levels of Library staff with tact and diplomacy.
- BA/BS or relevant experience.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume plus 3 references to email@example.com., or by mail to Human Resources, Niles-Maine District Library, 6960 Oakton, Niles, IL 60714.
When applying for an open position, please complete a Job Application. You are able to fill out the form with your computer after downloading. Send applications to Attention: Human Resources, Niles-Maine District Library, 6960 Oakton Street, Niles, IL 60714, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or return to the Library. You may also ask for one at the Information desk in Patron Services. Someone will contact you shortly.
Careers at Other Libraries
To see if jobs are available at other area libraries, check the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) Jobs Board.