FOIA & Transparency
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
It is the policy of the Niles-Maine District Library to permit access to public records in accordance with the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, 5 ILCS 140.
You may request information about the Library District by making a request in writing by mail, fax, or email during regular business hours of the Administration Office (9-5, Mondays-Fridays). To download the FOIA Request Form please click here.
- the records to be retrieved
- whether they are to be inspected in person, copied, or delivered electronically (if they are in electronic form)
- whether they are for a commercial purpose
- whether requesting a fee waiver
- whether any of the records must be certified
The fees for copies of records are as follows:
- The first 50 pages of black and white, letter or legal size copies: Free
- 15¢ per page for each page in excess of 50 pages copied by a Library District employee in house.
- The actual cost per page for each color copy or size other than letter or legal.
- The actual cost per page for each page copied by a third party when the Library District is unable to copy the records in house.
- $1.00 per certificate if the copies are to be certified.
- Reproduction on disc, diskette, tape or other media: actual cost of recording media.
Requests should be addressed to:
Freedom of Information Officer
Niles-Maine District Library
6960 Oakton Street
Niles, Illinois 60714
Requests may be emailed to the FOIA officer.
Library FOIA Officers
The Niles-Maine District Library and its Board of Trustees is committed to open and transparent governance. In this section you will find information about how the Library is funded and how the money is spent, along with statistics about the Library’s holdings, programs, and staff.