You are here
Get a Library Card
Click here to find out why having a library card is the BEST. DEAL. EVER!
Who can get a library card?
Adults and children living in the library district (Niles, Unincorporated Des Plaines, or Unincorporated Glenview). A child may get a library card when the parent presents identification and signs on their behalf. There is no age restriction for library cards.
How can I get a library card?
- Click here to sign up for a library card online
- Visit the Patron Services desk
What do I need to get a library card?
Please bring two forms of identification (one must be a photo ID) with current address.
- Driver's License
- State ID
Another Form of Identification (Must Be Current):
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Lease agreement
I have a library card from another library. Can I use it at the Library?
- The Library participates in Reciprocal Borrowing, so other library cards may also be used at the Niles-Maine District Library.
- If your library belongs to our computer catalog consortium (CCS), you are already in our system and can check out right away.
- If your library does not participate in CCS (Chicago, Skokie, Morton Grove are some) then just stop by Patron Services with your card and a piece of identification, and we will add you to our database. Niles-Maine library cards are accepted at the other libraries in exchange.
I'm a business owner in the library district. Can I get a library card?
Yes! The owner, president, or director of the business must come to the Library to sign up for a business library card.