Teen Poetry Contest
Express yourself with words and imagery!
- Compose up to four (4) original poems.
- Poems can be typed, photographed, recorded as audio or video–any way you want just as long as they can be shared in digital format.
- Each entry must include your name, grade, school, zip code, email address, and phone number.
- Submit your original poems by email to email@example.com with the subject line: Teen Poetry Contest. Attach poems as separate files or include sharing links to Google Drive, YouTube, etc.
First Prize: $75 Gift Card Second Prize: $50 Gift Card Third Prize: $25 Gift Card
- Must be in grades 7-12.
- Must live in the Niles-Maine Library District (Niles, Unincorporated Des Plaines, or Unincorporated Glenview) OR attend a local school.
- Must submit your original poems by Saturday, April 29, 2023.
Winners will be contacted by Tuesday, May 9, 2023. Winning poems will be displayed for the public, and poets will be recognized by the Library. Submitting poems constitutes permission to publish your name and poem. Need more information? Contact the Teen Librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org.