You are here
20th Annual Poetry Contest
Do you love expressing yourself with words and imagery? Do you consider yourself a wordsmith? If so, you might just be the next Edgar Allen Poe or Emily Dickinson!
If you have a love for creating poetry, we invite you to submit your original poems!
First Prize: $75 gift card; Second Prize: $50 gift card; Third Prize: $25 gift card
- Must be in grades 7-12.
- Must live in Niles, Unincorporated Des Plaines, or Unincorporated Glenview (Library District) OR attend a local school.
- Must submit your original piece by Monday, April 22, 9pm.
- Submissions are limited to four (4) poems per poet.
- Each entry must include your name, age, grade, school, address, and phone number.
- Submit your original piece in-person to the Teen Underground OR email email@example.com with the subject line: “Teen Poetry Contest”
Finalists will be contacted by April 30 and invited to read their poems at the Poetry Lounge on Friday, May 10, where the winners will be announced. Winning poems will be printed in a booklet and displayed at the Library. Submitting poems constitutes permission to publish your name and poem.
Need more information? Contact the Teen Librarians at 847-663-6490.
Please note we cannot return entries.